The tool geometry (with up to 138 parameters) has been developed and optimised during long-term tests in co operation with users for the different sections of structural steel, aluminum casting, machining steel, VA steels, heat-resistant steels and tool steels. Selected hard coatings increase the range of applications. The objective of developing Swiss+Tech's 'Black Ring' Taps was the realisation of narrower tolerances and more efficient cutting times
for the thread production.
The unique general purpose properties of these taps guarantee high productivity by reducing the amount of time spent changing taps for different materials and at the same time reduces the number of taps required by the machine shop.
Swiss+Tech 'Black Ring' machine taps with their wide range of applications are the result of years of experience in metal cutting.
Features and Benefits
• HSS-Co construction for increased toughness
• Deigned for applications involving blind holes
• Right Hand spiral flutes for right handed cutting
• 40° 'Supra Extra' chamfer form C blind holes <1,5 d all round IS0 2 (6H)
• General tapping applications
• ISO Metric
• Manufactured to DIN 371/376
• For general tapping applications. For production tapping of specific materials a specialist tap may be more suitable.
Class of Fit
Individual or Set
Cobalt High Speed Steel
Number of Flutes
Threading Tap Type